More info about gołabki under recipe.
2 ways to go about it. You can make and cook your meat mixture formed to fit cabbage rolls or roll cabbage with raw meat then bake with tomato sauce on top. The meat mixture can fit your preference and since it is just a cabbage roll, you can do what you want with it.
- 1 head Cabbage, boiled for 2 minutes, until leaves are soft
- Ground beef
- Rice, cooked
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil
Tomato sauce (I believe everyone should have their own personal sauce but canned is up to you, or follow my unmeasured recipe)
- Tomatoes, quartered. For every 2lbs of fresh, I normally add a 16oz can with the juice.
- Basil, big handful, chopped
- Rosemary sprigs chopped fine
- S & P
- Olive oil
- Start your tomato sauce. I like roasting all of the ingredients on 375 then I peel the tomatoes after they are really soft. Then I crush them by hand and put on stove to reduce for at least 1 hour.
- Cook rice
- Boil cabbage and let it drain until ready to roll
- Then make your meat mixture and either preheat your oven to 375 for the gołabki, or cook the meat in the oven or on the stove.
- Roll the cabbage and top with sauce. If the meat is uncooked, it usually takes about 30 minutes, and if it is cooked, you just want the cabbage warm again.